Monday, August 16, 2010

Aprons...anyone?

I love making aprons.

There's a zillion ways to make them individual, they're practical, they're irresistably cute, and I can make them in a few hours!

Its been my tradition to give aprons and a wooden spoon as a bridal shower gift, or aprons in the wedding colors as part of a wedding gift. I love doing something that personal and hope the brides like it too!

As I'm working on my 9th apron I'm beginning to think about maybe starting a little side business of selling these. I've come a long way since those first few, and the ones I'm finishing now are sturdier and cuter!

I'll post pics later, but if you're interested in an apron either for yourself or for a friend, give me a holler. They take about 3-4 hours to make, and I haven't quite added up what materials would cost generally (it largely depends on the price of the fabric), but I'm guesstimating to make it worth my time I would sell them for about $35-40. That means I'd probably be making $5 an hour profit, but I enjoy making these anyways and its something that can be unique and personalized.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment