Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Columbia Crest Merlot-Cabernet 2007





DISCLAIMER: Wine tastes different to everyone and this is just our opinion.  You may love something we despise and loathe something we could drink every day. This is just our opinion because that's the only one that matters...right?


This wine is pretty clear in color...and I just found a small gnat in mine but I don't know if that was here or the winery.  It seems Columbia Crest wouldn't allow that.


The smell...oh I'm pretty bad at this and its all just a guess...but it smells like...alcohol.  Is that bad of me to think that? Others smell like blackberries or coffee undertones but this is a distinct smell not akin to anything that comes to mind no matter how many times I swirl it and stick my nose deep in the glass.  Okay maybe I get a bit of the vanilla when I added a bit more...


The taste is dry with a bite. I'm eating it with some garlic bread (cloves baked in it...not the buttery/garlic salted kind) dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and its a nice balance. With some carbs on your tongue the taste isn't quite so sharp but more of a currant-y taste.


Overall I don't think I would get this wine again...not quite as drinkable as others to me and that's what I like...but not a bad wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment